Tuesday, March 3, 2009

you are my sunshine

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love WUB you
Please don't take my sunshine away.


I sang this song to a dog today. An old lady stopped, stared, and asked Cherlaine if I was singing to the dog. She said yes, and took a puff of her cigarette. The nice old lady said that was her kid's favorite song growing up.


I hella skipped, bought a new pack of marbs, sang to a dog, melted some brie on top of Danish bread, ate it, smoked a ciggie, and I sat by the church and soaked in the sunshine. Oh, and I contemplated having an affair with my communications professor - only because he is brilliant and (personally) very attractive (hella old though).



It was a nice day.


I'm sorry about your loss though. Hope I somewhat cheered you up with my small but meaningful gestures. You are my sunshine.

No comments: