Sunday, May 31, 2009

Farewell New York

Watch the last episode of Leno as host for The Tonight Show. He interviews Conan O'Brien before Conan goes on tomorrow night as the new host. James Taylor is the musical guest.



Cheesy ending. Good interview. Am shocked that I was slightly sad towards the end of the episode. I never much liked Leno - I always preferred Conan's snarky interview-honing skills, but 17 years is a long time to dedicate yourself to a show (or to anything).

Fun fact about Carolyn. In my four years of high school, I never missed a single episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Re-runs and all. I would never leave the house until after the show was over - or I would completely forgo leaving and just stay in. What came first? The misery or the Adonis that is Conan O'Brien? Was my high school experience miserable because of Conan - or was I miserable before I met Conan? Did my quasi-jungian persona surface because of this man? Or was my pessimism and apathy just faux characteristic flaws that I created for myself to avoid social interaction?

We may never know. All I know is that Conan goes on tomorrow night.

I need to find a T.V. to watch it on. Anybody out there in the 206 area willing to give me a seat on their couch to watch the premiere tomorrow?

Please, for the love of Conan and all that is good out there let me watch the show!

1 comment:

ryan said...

Conan Christopher O'Brien (born April 18, 1963) is an American television host, television writer and comedian, and is the current host of The Tonight Show on NBC.