Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If you walk away, I'll walk away

My alarm woke me up at 8:30 a.m. this morning. I opened one eye, grunted, cursed, said 'nope', turned it off, and curled up into the fetal position. This was six hours ago. I have now just awoken and am eating leftover Mediterranean Express from last night. In laymen's turns: I hella slept through my classes.

Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" is running through my head at this moment. You know the line... "we don't need no education, we don't need no thought control... etc etc, teacher! leave them kids alone!"

god. I hate college. funny how I plan on going to grad school after this so I can procrastinate some more and rack up an even larger student loan debt... just so I won't have to actually start working a 9-5 gig. maybe I can work at Domino's for the rest of my life. (ugh)

Which reminds me... I have to go to work in an hour and a half. goddamnit. goddamn it all to hell. You know, I only made $4 in tips last night. $4!!!! I delivered all night to one white person and 10 black people. now, I KNOW my theory is correct! Black people are hella cheap! The $4 tip? All from a white girl that lives on capitol hill. NOW WHO'S RACIST???? not me!

I do have a story though. The guy that works at Mediterranean Express usually gives me free food when I come in at night, but I haven't been lately because I don't get breaks and I've been getting out about 2-3 hours after they close up. Well, the guy actually comes inside Domino's and inquires where I am. I get a call from up front, go outside, puzzled as to who would want to speak to me, and lo and behold he hands me a little lunch bag! Guess what was inside! A lamb kabob sandwich and spanikopita! He remembers my order and he just gave it to me! NO! Let me rephrase! He FINDS me to give me a little snack on my runs! Man, I usually hate people, but they sure know how to prove me wrong sometimes. People are fucking nice.

It's such a nice day, well, from what my weather widget tells me - it seems like it's a nice day. I haven't left the house yet, the room is dark, the curtains are drawn, but Macbook tells me it's 45 degrees out and the sun is shining. I wish I could go down to Pike Place and walk around, it's been forever... but I have to go to work. I wanted to go to the Fremont Flea Market this sunday because I haven't been back since summer, but alas, I am also working in the morning. who the hell orders pizzas at 10 a.m. on Sundays?


I guess I need the hours. I have expenses (lolz). rent, groceries, gas, a pair of vintage chanel earrings at VU's on layaway, New Zealand trip, new lens for my camera, new cell phone (mine's been crapping out on me)... random shit that when I really think about, I ask myself "do I really need any of these things?" I understand the essentials. maslow's levels of hierarchy come into play: food, shelter, water... but then again carolyn's levels of absolute necessities somehow squash poor maslow: chanel, photography, traveling, communication.


I am a liberal arts degree major after all. And the worst kind too: journalism. One of the easiest degrees to get. Too bad I can't even wake up to go to classes.

No comments: